Only Local Government Authorities and the Alpine Resorts Victoria are eligible to apply directly to the Fund.
Process for clubs/local organisations
Sporting and recreation clubs, sporting associations and leagues, educational institutions, not-for-profit community organisations, businesses and individuals cannot directly apply to the Local Sports Infrastructure Fund.
The Local Sports Infrastructure Fund Expression of Interest Form (for clubs) has been developed to assist this process if Local Government Authorities and Alpine Resorts Victoria wish to use this.
Local clubs and organisations are advised to contact their Local Government Authority or Alpine Resorts Victoria if they wish to express interest and seek support from the Local Sports Infrastructure Fund.
Process for councils
The application process will require the submission of an online Application.
Please refer to the 2023-24 Local Sports Infrastructure Fund Guidelines for further information on the application process and requirements for each stream.
Successful Applications Announced
Successful applications of the 2023-24 Local Sports Infrastructure Fund will be announced from April 2024.
Please ensure you have read the 2023-24 Local Sports Infrastructure Fund Guidelines prior to submitting any applications.
Please see below for accessible Word application templates to assist you with application preparation. Once you have prepared your application, please start/submit your application via the online portal with the links below:
Community Sports Lighting
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 13 December 2023.
Fact sheets and templates
- In-Kind Labour and Voluntary Support fact sheet and template (Word)
- Competitive Neutrality fact sheet (Word)
- Project Management Framework fact sheet and template (Word)
- Schedule of Use fact sheet and template (Excel)
- Capital-Replacement-Plan fact sheet and template (Word)
- Detailed Area Schedule Example and Template (Excel)
- Fair Play Code form for tenants (Word)
- Environmentally Sustainable Design fact sheet (Word)
- Universal Design fact sheet (Word)
- Project Governance framework template (Word)
- SunSmart Online Shade Audit Tool
- Water quality guidelines for public aquatic facilities
- Guidance Note - Auspice Applications
These publications are intended for use as a guide only and further specialist advice should be sought on the specifics of your project:
- Design for Everyone Guide
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Infrastructure Grants – Acknowledgement and Publicity Guidelines (pdf)
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Infrastructure Grants – Acknowledgement and Publicity Guidelines (Word)
- Community Consultation and amenity impacts October 2021 (pdf)
- Community Consultation and amenity impacts October 2021 (word)
- Fair Access Policy Roadmap
- Female Friendly Sport Infrastructure Guidelines
- This Girl Can - Helping women and girls get active
- AFL Preferred Facility Guidelines
- Netball Australia National Facilities Policy (pdf)
- Netball Victoria Facility Manual
- Tennis Australia National Tennis Facility Planning and Development Guide
- Artificial Grass For Sport Guide (pdf)
- Artificial Grass For Sport Guide (Word)
- Cricket Australia Community Cricket Facilities Guidelines
- Croquet Facility Guide
- Good Play Space Guide: "I can play too" (pdf)
- Good Play Space Guide: "I can play too" (Word)
- Pool Concourse Guidelines
- PLA Open Space Planning Guide
- Female participation in sport and physical activity a snapshot of the evidence
- Physical activity across life stages
- Provision of drinking water fountains in public areas
- Welcoming Sport
- Women in sport and recreation in Australia
- Barriers to sports participation for women and girls
- Retaining the Membership of Women in Sport
- Community Facilities
- Community Sports Lighting
It is underpinned by the Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions’ priorities to create more opportunities for people through skills and jobs; help businesses and industries to thrive; and build vibrant communities and regions.
For specific details on the program, including the objectives of the fund, the number of applications that can be submitted under each stream, the grant amounts available and eligibility of applications please refer to the guidelines.
For specific details on the number of applications that can be submitted under each category please refer to the guidelines.