Only Local Government Authorities and the Alpine Resort Boards are eligible to apply directly to the Fund.
- Application process
Process for clubs/local organisations
Local organisations can only seek access to support from the fund through the Community Facilities stream or the Female Friendly Facilities Stream by submitting an Expression of Interest Form for Community Organisations (Word) directly to their local council or Alpine Resort Board.
Local organisations are advised to contact their local council or Alpine Resort Board about timelines for expressions of interest.
Process for councils
The application process will require the submission of an online Application.
Step One: Contact Sport and Recreation Victoria
Councils and Alpine Resort Boards are required to discuss their project/s with their Sport and Recreation Victoria representative before submitting their application/s to receive advice about the best funding pathway for their project/s.
Applicants will be provided:
- advice on the most appropriate funding opportunity for projects
- guidance on the development of proposals that have merit, that align with the fund’s objectives and that are ready to proceed
- high-level design advice.
Step Two: Application
Applicants must submit an Application via the grants portal (insert link here).
All supporting documentation must be emailed to email@example.com copying in your Sport and Recreation Victoria representative by the closing date and time. All supporting documentation must be submitted by the closing date.
Applications can be submitted anytime from the opening of the fund to the closing date and will be assessed upon submission. Applications should only be submitted when all documentation is complete and ready to be assessed.
Application(s) must be submitted by 11.59pm on Friday 14 February 2020.
If you need assistance with applying online, please call the Grants Information Line on 1300 366 356 between 8.30 am and 5.00pm weekdays.
When submitting supporting documentation, you must quote your project name in the subject line of your email (e.g. Smith Reserve Lighting).
Attach all documents to one email, zipping the files if required. You can also send attachments on a CD or USB, quoting your project name, to:
Community Infrastructure Programs
Sport and Recreation Victoria
Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
GPO Box 4057 Melbourne Victoria 3001
Step Three: Assessment
All applications will be assessed for eligibility and against the assessment criteria for each funding stream as specified in Section 4.3 – Assessment Criteria.
Only eligible applications will be assessed and considered for funding by the department.
An application must address all assessment criteria. Claims made against each criterion must be substantiated with evidence.
Applications will not be considered eligible and will not be assessed if the following is not provided:
- responses to all the assessment criteria for the relevant stream
- all mandatory supporting documentation for the relevant stream
- confirmation of funding sources
- project designs that are schematic and site specific
- site specific project costings such as quotes, cost estimates or a Quantity Surveyor’s estimate.
Successful Applications Announced
Successful applications of the 2020-21 Local Sports Infrastructure Fund will be announced early July 2020.
- Additional information
Fact sheets and templates
- In-Kind Labour and Voluntary Support fact sheet and template (Word)
- Competitive Neutrality fact sheet (Word)
- Project Management Framework fact sheet and template (Word)
- Schedule of Use fact sheet and template (Excel)
- Capital-Replacement-Plan fact sheet and template (Word)
- Detailed Area Schedule Example and Template (Excel)
- Fair Play Code form for tenants (Word)
- Environmentally Sustainable Design fact sheet (Word)
- Universal Design fact sheet (Word)
- Project Governance framework template (Word)
- SunSmart Online Shade Audit Tool
- Water quality guidelines for public aquatic facilities
These publications are intended for use as a guide only and further specialist advice should be sought on the specifics of your project:
- Design for Everyone Guide
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Infrastructure Grants – Acknowledgement and Publicity Guidelines (pdf)
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Infrastructure Grants – Acknowledgement and Publicity Guidelines (Word)
- Femal Friendly Sport Infrastructure Guidelines
- This Girl Can - Helping women and girls get active
- AFL Preferred Facility Guidelines
- AFL Unisex Amenitites Guidelines
- Netball Australia National Facilities Policy (pdf)
- Netball Victoria Facility Manual
- Community Cricket Facilities Guidelines
- Tennis Australia National Tennis Facility Planning and Development Guide
- Artificial Grass For Sport Guide (pdf)
- Artificial Grass For Sport Guide (Word)
- Croquet Facility Guide
- Community sporting facility lighting guide (pdf)
- Community sporting facility lighting guide (Word)
- Good Play Space Guide: "I can play too" (pdf)
- Good Play Space Guide: "I can play too" (Word)
- Pool Concourse Guidelines
- ARV Functional Design Brief Template
- PLA Open Space Planning Guide
- Female participation in sport and physical activity a snapshot of the evidence
- Physical activity across life stages
- Provision of drinking water fountains in public areas
- Welcoming Sport
- Engaging culturally and linguistically diverse women and girls in sports
- Women in sport and recreation in Australia
- Barriers to sports participation for women and girls
- Retaining the Membership of Women in Sport
- Program area and assistance
Read more about Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV)
For assistance with a project idea and/or an application contact your Sport and Recreation Victoria representative.
For general Sport and Recreation Victoria grant enquiries:
Phone: 1300 366 356 for the cost of a local call (except from mobile phones); or
Email Grants information
Open Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5pm except public holidays
Status: Closed Closing: 14/02/2020
The new $22 million Local Sports Infrastructure Fund is a state-wide competitive Victorian Government investment program that provides a range of grant opportunities across five funding streams.