Only rural, regional and outer metropolitan local government authorities are eligible to apply directly to the Country Football and Netball Program.
Applications must be submitted by an authorised representative of a local government authority.
Applications received directly from clubs, associations, umpiring organisations, schools, community organisations and businesses will not be considered for funding.
Program funding range
Up to $250,000
2022-23 Country Football and Netball Program
- Applications Open: February 2023
- Applications Close: 27 March 2023
- Notification of Outcomes: June 2023 onwards
Process for local government authorities
Eligible applicants must discuss project ideas with Sport and Recreation Victoria and peak body (i.e. AFL Victoria or Netball Victoria) representatives before submitting an application.
Eligible applicants must submit an application via the Sport and Recreation Victoria website, addressing the assessment criteria as per Section 4 and separately email all supporting documents to email@example.com
All applications to round two must be submitted and supporting documents emailed, copying in your Sport and Recreation Victoria representative, by 5pm on Monday 27 March 2023.
Process for clubs/organisations
Local clubs and organisations are advised to contact their local government authority to discuss potential applications.
An Expression of Interest for Community Organisations Form has been developed to assist country football and netball clubs, associations and umpiring organisations, schools, and community organisations liaise directly with their local government authority on possible applications to the program.
Supporting Documentation Templates, Guides and Fact Sheets
Supporting Documentation Templates
- Project Management Framework fact sheet and template (Word)
- Schedule of Use fact sheet and template (Excel)
- Detailed Area Schedule Example and Template (Excel)
- Fair Play Code form for tenants (Word)
- Aboriginal Heritage Planning Tool
- In-Kind Labour and Voluntary Support fact sheet and template (Word)
- Project Governance framework template (Word)
- Instructions and Explanatory Notes for Completing a Community Joint Use Proposal
- Community Joint Use Proposal Template
- Design for Everyone Guide
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Infrastructure Grants – Acknowledgement and Publicity Guidelines (pdf)
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Infrastructure Grants – Acknowledgement and Publicity Guidelines (Word)
- Female Friendly Sport Infrastructure Guidelines
- This Girl Can - Helping women and girls get active
- AFL Preferred Facility Guidelines
- AFL Unisex Amenities Guidelines
- Netball Australia National Facilities Policy (pdf)
- Netball Victoria Facility Manual
- Tennis Australia National Tennis Facility Planning and Development Guide
- Artificial Grass For Sport Guide (pdf)
- Artificial Grass For Sport Guide (Word)
- Cricket Australia Community Cricket Facilities Guidelines
- Community sporting facility lighting guide (pdf)
- Community sporting facility lighting guide (Word)
- Good Play Space Guide: "I can play too" (pdf)
- Good Play Space Guide: "I can play too" (Word)
- Healthy Choices: policy guidelines for sport and recreation centres
- Female participation in sport and physical activity a snapshot of the evidence
- Engaging culturally and linguistically diverse women and girls in sports
- Women in sport and recreation in Australia
- Barriers to sports participation for women and girls
- Retaining the Membership of Women in Sport
Program area and assistance
Read more about Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV)
For assistance with a project idea and/or an application contact your Sport and Recreation Victoria representative.
For general Sport and Recreation Victoria grant enquiries:
Phone: 1800 325 206 for the cost of a local call (except from mobile phones); or
Open Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm except public holidays