Together More Active is open to recognised state sporting associations, state sport and recreation bodies, regional sports assemblies and regional academies of sport. For a full list of eligible organisations, visit find sport and recreation organisations.
Eligible organisations must meet the following criteria:
- non-government, not-for-profit and registered as an incorporated body
- have a current strategic plan, annual report and an audited financial statement
- uphold high standards of integrity and comply with the Fair Play Code
- implement and maintain policies relating to member protection and child safe standards
- achieve and maintain 40 per cent women on their board or have an Office of Women in Sport and Recreation approved work plan to meet this requirement.
- Funding options
Together More Active has two separate and complementary funding streams:
Foundation funding establishes a partnership with the Victorian Government. It supports the breadth of operations undertaken by the organisation and assists with planning, policy and business development.
- recognised state sporting associations
- state recreation organisations.
Foundation funding of up to $20,000 annually will be offered over a four year period (2019-2023) and will require organisations to:
- provide a ‘whole of organisation’ report
- promote the partnership to its members and the broader community
- provide opportunities for the Victorian Government to engage with its flagship activities
- progress identified actions to strengthen business practices and policies.
Available to state sporting associations, state sport and recreation bodies, regional sports assemblies, regional academies of sport and other recognised organisations, as listed on Sport and Recreation Victoria’s website find sport and recreation organisations.
Project funding assists in the development and delivery of programs that support participation outcomes or build system resilience and capacity.
Project funding is provided for up to two years, with the opportunity to continue to apply for an additional two years based on project design and project outcomes.
Project funding will support initiatives that:
- increase participation outcomes and support pathways
- increase equity, diversity and inclusiveness
- deliver opportunities for underrepresented population groups
- build social cohesion and employment pathways
- strengthen integrity, safety, governance and leadership
- develop the workforce including volunteers
- boost club development and capacity.
The total level of funding, including foundation and project funding, for each organisation, is determined by its capacity and reach. Each organisation will be categorised 1-5. The following table provides a guide to the total funding level for each category.
Funding Level Categories
Category 1 - Proposals of up to $40,000 annually
Category 2 - Proposals of up to $50,000 annually
Category 3 - Proposals of up to $90,000 annually
Category 4 - Proposals of up to $140,000 annually
Category 5 - To be assessed based on regional and demographic reach
Organisations will be informed during the Expression of Interest process of their allocated category. If your organisation does not receive an allocated category, please contact your Sport and Recreation Victoria Relationship Manager to discuss your eligibility or call (03) 9096 9809.
- Expression of interest
Expressions of Interest are now open for Together More Active.
For assistance with an Expression of Interest proposal contact your Sport and Recreation Victoria Relationship Manager.
Funding under Together More Active will be available from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2023.
Expressions of Interest will be assessed on conclusion of the Expression of Interest period with organisations to be informed of their funding allocation in June/July 2019.
Further questions can be directed to a Sport and Recreation Victoria representative on ph 03 9096 9809.
Program area and assistance
Read more about Sport and Recreation Victoria
For general Sport and Recreation Victoria grant enquiries:
Ph 1300 366 356 for the cost of a local call (except from mobile phones) Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5pm except public holidays.
- Additional information
A Frequently Asked Questions document has been developed to assist organisations when considering their Expression of Interest for the Together More Active.
Further questions can be directed to a Sport and Recreation Victoria representative on 03 9096 9809.
- Program area and assistance
Status: Closed Closing: 27/05/2019
Together More Active provides grants that assist organisations in the sport and recreation sector with initiatives that increase participation in sport and active recreation.