Together More Active is open to recognised state sporting associations, state sport and active recreation bodies, regional sports assemblies and regional academies of sport. For a full list of eligible organisations, visit Sport and Recreation Victoria recognised organisations
Eligible organisations must meet the following criteria:
- Be a non-government, not-for-profit incorporated body with valid registration as either:an incorporated association; or a public company limited by guarantee.
- If an applicant intends to deliver services to children, it must be appropriately insured against child abuse. Further information about this requirement can be found at Justice and Community Safety
- Must not have been notified by the National Redress Scheme Operator (as defined under the National Redress Scheme for Institutional Child Sexual Abuse Act 2018 (Cth) (the National Redress Scheme Act)) that it was named in an application in the National Redress Scheme for Institutional Child Sexual Abuse established under the National Redress Scheme Act (National Redress Scheme) prior to 1 July 2020, and then have failed to join the National Redress Scheme by 31 December 2020.
- Must not have been named in an application in the National Redress Scheme for the first time and received a Notice of Redress Liability after 1 July 2020 in relation to that application, and then failed to join the Scheme within six months from the date of the Notice of Redress Liability.
- Implement and maintain policies relating to member protection and Child Safe Standards in accordance with the Child Wellbeing and Safety Act 2005.
- Adhere to and enforce the Fair Play Code or relevant national sporting organisation or state sporting association code of conduct/member protection policy, which incorporates the Fair Play Code.
- Have a Sport Integrity Australia approved anti-doping policy in place and comply with the National Anti-doping Scheme where required.
- Have met reporting requirements on any grants previously received from Sport and Recreation Victoria to the satisfaction of the Department.
- Have achieved a minimum of 40% women on their board committee (depending on the applicant entity type) or have an Office for Women in Sport and Recreation approved work plan to meet this requirement.
- Demonstrate, to the Department’s satisfaction, a commitment to prioritising participation of targeted groups through appropriate Action Plans and policies.
- Have completed Sport and Recreation Victoria’s Sector Survey 2021-22.
- Regional Sports Assemblies must also be an active and engaged member of Regional Sport Victoria.
Together More Active 2023-27 has 4 separate funding streams:
- Stream 1 – Foundation Funding
- Stream 2 – Sector Capability Building Funding
- Stream 3 – Inclusive Participation Project Funding
- Stream 4 – Workforce Development Project Funding
Applications are now open for Together More Active.
Please contact your Sport and Recreation Victoria Relationship Manager if you have not received information on the Application Process or if you require assistance.
Applications will be assessed after the Program closes and organisations will be informed of their funding allocation in August 2023.
Sport and Recreation Victoria has compiled a database of organisations interested in partnering with eligible organisations for project funding under Together More Active Stream 3 – Inclusive Participation or Stream 4 – Workforce Development. For more information:
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Partnership Database (word version)
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Partnership Database (PDF version)
Sport and Recreation Victoria will continue to update this database as more organisations identify their willingness to participate.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the contact details of any organisation on this list.
Program area and assistance
For general Sport and Recreation Victoria grant enquiries:
Phone: 1800 325 206 for the cost of a local call (except from mobile phones); or Email: Sport Programs
Open Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm except public holidays
Status: Closed Closing: 31/05/2023
Together More Active 2023-27 provides grants to support organisations to increase participation in sport and active recreation, build a skilled workforce and a develop a safe, inclusive and resilient sector.
The program supports initiatives that increase participation in sport and active recreation by:
- building a more sustainable sport and recreation sector in Victoria
- increasing the equity, diversity and inclusiveness of the sport and recreation industry in Victoria.