Premier's Active April is free, fun and part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to get more people active and healthy.
The campaign is linked to Active Victoria: A strategic framework for sport and recreation in Victoria 2017-2021 that aims to increase the proportion of Victorians that participate in active recreation and sport.
To ensure movement is counted, participants can track daily activity straight from Fitbit devices to the Premier’s Active April website and applications. Alternatively, participants can chart their progress by manually logging activity.
Participants can also create and join teams, track the progress of team members and discover Events and Special Offers that are available in their local area.
Participants this year will have access to the ‘Get Active Workouts’ video series through an app, which features 30 different 10-minute workout ideas to inspire and motivate participants of all ages and abilities.
Registration for Premier’s Active April is free and everyone who signs up will receive a host of freebies and incentives to help move more in their local area, including:
- Free entry to guided walks at participating Parks Victoria parks
- 10 free passes to a participating YMCA or local government recreation facility
- 20 per cent off Fitbit watches and trackers
- 15 per cent off Run Melbourne 2020 entry
- 50 per cent off 28 by Sam Wood Program
- Three-month family membership with Bicycle Network
- One free Cardio tennis session at participating Tennis Victoria courts
- one hour free tennis court hire at Melbourne Park or Albert Reserve
- 25 per cent discount at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium and LEGOLAND Discovery
- Free entry for kids to Otway Fly Treetop Adventures
- Entry into the draw to win tickets to 2021 Australian Open Tennis Finals
- Chance to win four Medallion Club tickets at Marvel Stadium for 2020
For more information visit the Active April website or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information