Professional boxing and combat sports in Victoria are regulated under the Professional Boxing and Combat Sports Act 1985 and the Professional Boxing and Combat Sports Regulations 2018 to:
- promote safety
- reduce the risk of malpractice
- uphold industry integrity
The Act defines professional boxing and combat sports as any contest or exhibition:
- that is conducted for profit
- where contestants participate for a monetary reward
- where admission fees are charged, except if those fees are charged for:
- a public charitable purpose (see the Charitable promotions policy under the heading Policies below for more information); or
- an event that is organised or under the control of an amateur association formally recognised by the Minister for Sport under the Act and the fees are put towards the administration of the recognised association.
Contact the Combat Sports Unit on 9096 9833 or email email@example.com.
For information about Professional Boxing and Combat Sports legislation refer to the Victorian Legislation website.