This program provides funding for:
- Shooting sports clubs (firearms only)
- Shooting organisations (firearms only)
To be eligible for funding, applicants must:
- be an incorporated body, cooperative or association (including business associations)
- possess an Australian Business Number (ABN) or be auspiced by a peak shooting sport body.
- are financially able to contribute a minimum of 10 per cent in cash to meet their contribution
- provide a letter of support from the relevant peak shooting sport body endorsing the proposed project.
Funding range of grant
The Shooting Sports Facilities Program has a funding stream available to applicants. The maximum funding for a grant is $300,000.
Applicants may only submit one application per round.
Peak shooting sport bodies can auspice multiple member clubs.
A grant for up to a total of $300,000 must be matched on a $5:$1 ratio between the Victorian Government and the applicant.
For applicants to meet the 5:1 funding ratio, they need to provide
- a minimum of 10 per cent cash; and
- a minimum of 10 per cent in-kind contribution (however if the cash contribution is above 10 per cent, the in-kind contribution can be reduced proportionately).
- Round launch 16 Nov 2020
- Round closes 16 Feb 2021
- Assessment of applications Feb/Mar 2021
- Announcement of successful applications Apr/May 2021
- Execute funding agreements May 2021
Templates and additional information
Supporting documents that need to be submitted with your application:
- written approvals from relevant authorities eg local government permits, landowner, land manager (if required)
- The quotes you sourced when working out your budget
- Financial evidence of ability to contribute a minimum of 10% cash (copy of your bank statement)
- Permits, if required
- Land tenure arrangements
- A letter of support from your peak body and if applicable, your local council, endorsing your project
- Environmental Management Plan (if your club already has one).
- Completed Fair Play Code (formerly Victorian Code of Conduct for Community Sport)
- In-Kind Labour and Voluntary Support fact sheet and template (Word)), if required
Program area and assistance
Status: Open Closing: 16/02/2021
The Shooting Sports Facilities Program is a Victorian Government funding program that provides funding support for projects that improve the quality and sustainability of shooting sports facilities and activities across Victoria.