Applications can be submitted by local community sport and active recreation clubs which:
- are non-government and not-for-profit
- are registered as an incorporated body. If the club or organisation is not incorporated it must arrange a legally constituted organisation to manage the funds.
- participate in an organised competition of a sport recognised by the Australian Sports Commission
- adhere to and enforce the Fair Play Code (or) their relevant state sporting assocaition code of conduct/member protention policy which incrporates the Fair Play Code.
- comply with the expectations of the Victorian Anti-doping Policy 2012.
- have satisfactorily met reporting requirements on any grants received from Sport and Recreation Victoria.
- Funding range of grant
Up to $2,000
- Eligible equipment
Grants are available towards the replacement cost of essential equipment owned by the club or organisation.
- Equipment that is required for ongoing participation in an activity that is transferable to other participants and remains the property of the club/organisation (i.e. bats, match balls, equestrian jumps, racquets, gymnastic mats, team equipment kits and badminton nets)
- Injury prevention equipment that is transferable (i.e. goal post padding, batting pads, gloves, goalie gear, helmets and catcher's gear)
- First aid equipment which is necessary for immediate attention to injury that may occur during participation in sport or active recreation
- Equipment that will not be funded
- Capital works (i.e. permanent shade structures, permanent fencing, fixed lighting and other permanent structures)
- Repair of equipment, structures and player surfaces (i.e. golf course, turf wicket pitch)
- Non-playing/participation equipment (i.e. wicket covers, banners, trophies, clubroom items, portable floatation device)
- Maintenance equipment (i.e. lawn mower, linemarker, roller, hose, compressor)
- Fixed playing surfaces and structures (i.e. synthetic pitch, goal posts, portable posts)
- Equipment damaged through wear and tear
- Training equipment that is not essential to participation (i.e. tackle bags, agility ladder, witches hats, tennis ball machines)
- Canteen items (i.e. microwave ovens, soft drinks, food, alcohol, cooking utensils)
- Personal items of equipment (i.e. mouthguards, drink bottles, shoes, boots)
- Vehicles (i.e. boats, bikes, golf carts, jet-ski, go-kart), trailers and accessories
- Equipment not owned by the applicant
- Sports clothing and uniforms
- Firearms, scopes, and ammunition
- Equipment temporarily located somewhere other than its regular storage site
- Open dates
Applications can be made at any time as there are no closing dates. Applications lodged more than six (6) months after the loss or damage will not be considered unless there are special circumstances for the delay.
- Required documents
Applications for replacement of equipment lost or destroyed as a consquence of theft or criminal damage must be accompanied by a police report.
Applications must be submitted with:
- a quote from a supplier for the replacement cost of the equipment
- evidence of the loss or damage, such as a police report, photographs, newspaper reports etc.
- Program area and assistance
This grant provides assistance to grassroots sport and active recreation clubs and organisations to replace essential sporting or first aid equipment that has been lost or destroyed as a consequence of fire, flood, significant storm event, theft or criminal damage
The Emergency Grant: Sporting and Recreational Equipment Program is temporarily closed. Please contact Diera Johnson by email: email@example.com or by phone 03 9096 9899 for assistance with program queries.