Program area and assistance
For assistance with a project proposal and/or an application contact your Sport and Recreation Victoria representative.
Further questions on this program can also be directed to
For general Sport and Recreation Victoria grant enquiries:
Phone: 1300 366 356 for the cost of a local call (except from mobile phones); or Email Grants information
Open Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5pm except public holidays
- In-Kind Labour and Voluntary Support fact sheet and template (Word)
- Competitive Neutrality fact sheet (Word)
- Project Management Framework fact sheet and template (Word)
- Schedule of Use fact sheet and template (Excel)
- Capital-Replacement-Plan fact sheet and template (Word)
- Detailed Area Schedule Example and Template (Excel)
- Fair Play Code form for tenants (Word)
- Environmentally Sustainable Design fact sheet (Word)
- Universal Design fact sheet (Word)
- Project Governance framework template (Word)
- SunSmart Online Shade Audit Tool
- Water quality guidelines for public aquatic facilities
- Instructions and Explanatory Notes for Completing a Community Joint Use Proposal
- Community Joint Use Proposal Template
All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted prior to 11.59 pm on Friday 19 June 2020.
Applications close - 19 June 2020Announcement period - July 2020 onwards
Through the Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program, community sporting clubs and organisations will work with local councils and alpine resort boards, as we fast-track infrastructure projects that can start in the coming weeks and months.
This initiative is part of the Victorian Government’s $2.7 billion Building Works package, designed to support shovel-ready infrastructure projects and create thousands of jobs for Victorians.
How does the program work?
The $68 million Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program will support Victoria’s economy by working with Local Government Authorities, Alpine Resort Boards and sporting clubs and organisations to fast-track shovel-ready community sports infrastructure projects across Victoria.
Local councils and Alpine Resort Boards will be able to apply to Sport and Recreation Victoria with projects they would like to progress .
Each local council or alpine resort board can submit up to three (3) applications requesting up to $10 million for each application. Applications must be worth a minimum of $1 million in funding requested.
For specific details on the program, including the objectives of the program, the number of applications that can be submitted, the grant amounts available and eligibility of applications please refer to the guidelines.