- Ensure all sport and active recreation organisations using council facilities are promoting the Fair Play Code.
- Ensure Fair Play Code messaging is available and visible at all council facilities.
Officials and volunteers
- Be informed about, abide by, and promote compliance with the Fair Play Code.
- Report potential Fair Play Code breaches to the appropriate authorities.
- Understand the Fair Play Code and how it applies when participating in sport. This includes understanding your rights and obligations as a player/participant.
- Calling out all forms of bad behaviour.
- Educate children about the importance of demonstrating good sportsmanship and modelling these behaviours.
- Understand the actions that can be taken when there is a potential breach of the Fair Play Code.
Spectators and members of the public
- Abide by the Fair Play Code when attending sport and recreation training, events and activities.
- Encourage good sportsmanship and positive behaviours at all times.
State sporting associations and active recreation bodies
- Include the Fair Play Code in your policy documentation.
- Ensure your organisation has systems and processes in place to manage a complaint or breach of the Fair Play Code.
Leagues, associations and clubs
- Actively adhere to and promote the Fair Play Code throughout your networks and at your facilities.
- Educate everyone in your organisation about the Fair Play Code and ensure it’s part of any induction process.
- Make sure the Fair Play Code is readily available and visible to everyone.