With more and more Victorian women of all ages leading the way in embracing Premier's Active April, acting Minister for Sport Philip Dalidakis today joined AFL Women's Melbourne Demons captain Daisy Pearce, Western Bulldogs captain Katie Brennan and Melbourne Vixens netballer Kate Moloney and Channel Nine news presenter, Peter Hitchener at Treasury Gardens to encourage more Victorians to step up, and sign up.
With registrations now open, Victorians, whatever their level or fitness, gender or age are encouraged to make the commitment to 30 minutes of physical activity a day during April as part of Premier’s Active April.
It’s as easy as taking the stairs, walking the kids to school or getting out in the garden. Family, friends, neighbours and work colleagues; everyone is invited to participate!
Last year a record number of over 104,000 people joined in the fun, with a record 60 per cent women and girls.
In 2017 there is a new mobile app that gives all participants the chance to log their physical activity, time spent exercising, and allows groups to track and compare their progress. The app can be downloaded free from the app store on Apple and Andriod devices.
You can create and join teams with your family, friends or work colleagues, track your progress during April and discover events happening in your local area.
Just by registering all participants receive:
- 10 free passes to participating YMCA centres and other local facilities,
- Discounts at Sportsmart to help with the cost of getting the right equipment,
- One hour free tennis court hire at Melbourne Park or Albert Reserve,
- Two-for-one tickets to the Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium, and
- A chance to win some great prizes like tickets to the 2018 Australian Open Tennis Finals, a $1,500 bike voucher or a GoPro Camera.
For more information or to register visit the Premier’s Active April website or join us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Registrations are open until April 30.