- Recognition criteria
Recognition of a state sport and active recreation body in Victoria by the State Government will be assessed against the below criteria:
- Criteria 1. The organisation has sport or active recreation as part of its core business, and has the capability to deliver or enable significant participation opportunities for Victorians
- Criteria 2. The organisation is not a sporting club, league or similar grouping; and has either a state-wide, or multi regional focus.
- Criteria 3. The organisation is a member of Vicsport or Outdoors Victoria, or can otherwise demonstrate how the organisation delivers a significant benefit to the Victorian sport and recreation sector.
- Criteria 4. The organisation is non-government, legally constituted and not-for-profit
- Criteria 5. The organisation has been operational for a minimum of three years and is financially solvent
- Criteria 6. The organisation can provide evidence that demonstrates their commitment to contributing to the Victorian Sport and recreation sector by alignment to Victorian Government policies and outcomes.
- Applying for recognition
Applications for recognition will be assessed biannually. The applications periods for the 2022 are outlined below.
Round 1: Opens 15 March 2022 – Closes 22 April 2022
Round 2: Opens 15 August 2022 – Closes 23 September 2022
Should organisations require further information or have queries about the process for state sporting association recognition, please contact the Manager - Governance and Integrity via firstname.lastname@example.org
State sport and active recreation bodies are classified as organisations active within the Victorian sport and recreation sector. They provide significant sport or active recreation participation opportunities for Victorians, however do not govern a sport like in the same way as a state sporting association.