- Advertising material indicating ‘Assistance Animals are Welcome’ at the location.
- Signage at the entry points indicating ‘Assistance Animals Welcome’.
- Animal water bowls co-located with drinking fountains and taps.
- Dog clean up bags co-located with rubbish bins.
- Dog tether posts at key locations in buildings and facilities, reception and public toilets.
- Effective contrasts between tether posts and background and adjacent surfaces.
- Training for staff at premises regarding ‘rights and obligations’ relating to assistance animals.
- Information available regarding nearest location for toileting of assistance animal.
Key access dimensions
- Dog clean up bags, dropping disposal bins and tether posts located 900 - 1100mm above the floor/ground surface.
- Dog clean up bags, dropping disposal bins and tether posts with a minimum 30% luminance contrast between background and adjacent surfaces.
- Signage installed within common ‘Zones for Viewing’ in accordance with Australian Standards.
Relevant Australian Standards for assistance animals
- AS 1428.1 – 2009 - Design for access and mobility - General Requirements for Access - New Building Work
- AS 1428.2 - 1992 - Design for access and mobility - Enhanced and Additional Requirements - Buildings and Facilities
Links to other relevant information