Only Local Government Authorities and Alpine Resort Boards are eligible to apply directly to the Fund.
Funding range of grant
Up to $500,000
The current funding round is open and closes 19 February 2021
Process for clubs/local organisations
Local clubs and organisations can only seek access to support from the Fund by submitting an Expression of Interest Form for Community Organisations (Word) directly to their local council.
Local organisations are advised to contact their local council about timelines for expressions of interest.
Process for councils
The application process will require the submission of an online Application.
Please refer to the World Game Facilities Fund Guidelines for further information on the application process.
Successful Applications Announced
Successful applications of the 2020-21 World Game Facilities Fund will be announced between April and May 2021.
Fact sheets and templates
- In-Kind Labour and Voluntary Support fact sheet and template (Word)
- Competitive Neutrality fact sheet (Word)
- Project Management Framework fact sheet and template (Word)
- Schedule of Use fact sheet and template (Excel)
- Capital-Replacement-Plan fact sheet and template (Word)
- Detailed Area Schedule Example and Template (Excel)
- Fair Play Code form for tenants (Word)
- Environmentally Sustainable Design fact sheet (Word)
- Universal Design fact sheet (Word)
- Project Governance framework template (Word)
- SunSmart Online Shade Audit Tool
These publications are intended for use as a guide only and further specialist advice should be sought on the specifics of your project:
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Infrastructure Grants – Acknowledgement and Publicity Guidelines (pdf)
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Infrastructure Grants – Acknowledgement and Publicity Guidelines (Word)
- Artificial Grass For Sport Guide (pdf)
- Artificial Grass For Sport Guide (Word)
- Community sporting facility lighting guide (pdf)
- Community sporting facility lighting guide (Word)
- Healthy Choices: policy guidelines for sport and recreation centres
- Female participation in sport and physical activity a snapshot of the evidence
- Physical activity across life stages
- Welcoming Sport
- Women in sport and recreation in Australia
- Barriers to sports participation for women and girls
- Retaining the Membership of Women in Sport
Program area and assistance
Read more about Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV)
For assistance with a project idea and/or an application contact your Sport and Recreation Victoria representative.
For general Sport and Recreation Victoria grant enquiries:
Phone: 1800 325 206 for the cost of a local call (except from mobile phones); or
Email Grants information
Open Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm except public holidays