Only Local Government Authorities and Alpine Resort Boards are eligible to apply directly to the Fund.
Funding range of grant
Up to $500,000
The Fund is now open and closes on 13 March 2020.
Process for clubs/local organisations
Local organisations can only seek access to support from the Fund by submitting an Expression of Interest Form for Community Organisations (Word) directly to their local council.
Local organisations are advised to contact their local council about timelines for expressions of interest.
Process for councils
The application process will require the submission of an online Application.
Step One: Contact Sport and Recreation Victoria
Councils are required to discuss their project/s with their Sport and Recreation Victoria representative before submitting their application/s to receive advice about the best funding pathway for their project/s.
Applicants will be provided:
- advice on the most appropriate funding opportunity for projects
- guidance on the development of proposals that have merit, that align with the fund’s objectives and that are ready to proceed
- high-level design advice.
Step Two: Application
Applicants must submit an application via the grants portal (insert link here).
All supporting documentation must be emailed to email@example.com copying in your Sport and Recreation Victoria representative by the closing date and time. All supporting documentation must be submitted by the closing date.
Applications can be submitted anytime from the opening of the Fund to the closing date and will be assessed upon submission. Applications should only be submitted when all documentation is complete and ready to be assessed.
Application(s) must be submitted by 11.59pm on 13 March 2020.
If you need assistance with applying online, please call the Grants Information Line on 1300 366 356 between 8.30 am and 5.00pm weekdays.
When submitting supporting documentation, you must quote your project name in the subject line of your email (e.g. Smith Reserve Lighting).
Attach all documents to one email, zipping the files if required. You can also send attachments on a CD or USB, quoting your project name, to:
Community Infrastructure Programs
Sport and Recreation Victoria
Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
GPO Box 4057 Melbourne Victoria 3001
Step Three: Assessment
Only eligible applications will be considered against the Section 5.2 – Assessment Criteria.
An application must address all assessment criteria. Claims made against each criterion must be substantiated with evidence.
Applications will not be considered eligible and will not be assessed if the following is not provided:
- responses to all the assessment criteria for the relevant stream
- all mandatory supporting documentation for the relevant stream
- confirmation of funding sources
- project designs that are schematic and site specific
- site specific project costings such as quotes, cost estimates or a Quantity Surveyor’s estimate.
Fact sheets and templates
- Project Management Framework template (Word)
- The World Game Facilities Fund - Community Organisations Expression of Interest Form (Word)
- Detailed Area Schedule - Example (Excel)
- Fact Sheet Competitive Neautrality (Word)
- Fact Sheet Project Management Framework (Word)
- Fact Sheet Schedule of Use (Word)
- Schedule of Use Template (Excel)
- Schedule of Use Example (Excel)
- Fact-Sheet Capital-Replacement-Plan (Word)
- Capital Replacement Plan Template (Excel)
- Code of Conduct Form for Tenants (Word)
- Fact Sheet Environmentally Sustainable Design (Word)
- Fact Sheet Universal Design (Word)
- Fact Sheet In-Kind Labour and Voluntary Support (Word)
- In-Kind and Voluntary Support Template (Word)
- In-Kind and Voluntary Support Example (Word)
- Project Governance Template (Word)
- SunSmart Online Shade Audit Tool
These publications are intended for use as a guide only and further specialist advice should be sought on the specifics of your project:
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Infrastructure Grants – Acknowledgement and Publicity Guidelines (pdf)
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Infrastructure Grants – Acknowledgement and Publicity Guidelines (Word)
- Artificial Grass For Sport Guide (pdf)
- Artificial Grass For Sport Guide (Word)
- Community sporting facility lighting guide (pdf)
- Community sporting facility lighting guide (Word)
- Football Victoria Facility Guides
- Football Victoria State Football Facilities Strategy to 2026
- Good Play Space Guide: "I can play too" (pdf)
- Good Play Space Guide: "I can play too" (Word)
- ARV Functional Design Brief Template
- PLA Open Space Planning Guide
- Government as 'Smart Client' Guide
- VICSPORT - Welcoming people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities
- Women in sport and recreation in Australia
- Barriers to sports participation for women and girls
- Retaining the Membership of Women in Sport
Program area and assistance
Read more about Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV)
For assistance with a project idea and/or an application contact your Sport and Recreation Victoria representative.
For general Sport and Recreation Victoria grant enquiries: Phone: 1300 366 356 for the cost of a local call (except from mobile phones); or Email Grants information
Open Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5pm except public holidays