Grassroots Operational Support Stream - clubs, community sport and active recreation organisations, associations and leagues that have not received funding under any previous round of the survival package may apply using the relevant application form below:
- Not-for-profit clubs – apply here
- Not-for-profit associations and leagues – apply here
- For-profit clubs, associations and leagues – apply here
Please note: clubs, community sporting and active recreation organisations, associations and leagues that received funding in a previous round will receive automatic top-up payments from late October 2021 and do not need to reapply.
What can the funding be used for?
Funding provided under the Survival Package can be used:
- to support readiness to return-to-play in adherence with the Victorian Chief health Officer restrictions and advice
- for fixed costs (for example rent/utilities/insurance), essential salary costs (not match/player/coach payments) and any other costs that keep the club viable and ready to function once restrictions ease
- to purchase equipment and cleaning supplies necessary to comply with an organisation’s COVIDSafe Plan.
What will not be funded under the Survival Package?
The following will not be funded:
- more than one application from an applicant in total
- applications that do not provide the required supporting documentation
- applications submitted by third-party grant writers
- for-profit associations, leagues and clubs that are not affiliated with a recognised State Sporting Association or State Sport and Active Recreation Body
- current or future payments made to participants/athletes/players in return for their participation in the organisation’s physical activities (for example, match/coach/player payments)
- future affiliation fees
- fixed playing surfaces and structures (for example, synthetic pitch, goal posts)
- capital expenditure including the purchase of land (for example, permanent shade structures, permanent fencing, fixed lighting, permanent practice wickets, ramps and other permanent structures)
- repair of equipment, structures and playing surfaces (for example, golf course, turf wicket pitch)
- non-playing/participation equipment (for example, public address systems, banners, trophies, videos, sunshades, gazebos, carpet/lino, clubroom items, wicket covers, scoreboards, GPS, computers and IT equipment)
- canteen items (for example, microwave ovens, soft drink, food, alcohol, cooking utensils)
- maintenance equipment (for example, lawn mowers, rollers, line markers, hose, compressors)
- purchase or leasing of vehicles (for example, boats, bikes, golf carts, jet-skis, go-karts), trailers and accessories
- any activity that delivers services to children.
What other support may be available to community sporting organisations?
To learn more about measures in place to support businesses and other community organisations during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit Business Victoria.
Previous grant recipients
Associations, leagues and clubs
- Community Sport Sector Short-term Survival Package clubs (round 1)
- Community Sport Sector Short-term Survival Package associations and leagues (round 1)
- Community Sport Sector Short-term Survival Package associations, leagues and clubs (round 2)
- Community Sport Sector Short-term Survival Package associations, leagues and clubs (round 3)
State sport associations, state sport and recreation bodies, and regional academies
The package builds upon the Victorian Government’s Experience Economy Survival Package which provided urgent support to help a range of key attractions, organisations and associations ride out the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and help them reboot, rebound and recover.
The Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Survival Package has already delivered grants totalling over $39 million to thousands of Victorian sport and active recreation organisations.
What grants are available?
The fourth round of the Survival Package provides an additional $10 million for community sport and active recreation organisations under one stream:
- Grassroots Operational Support - grants of up to $2,500 are available for associations and leagues and grants of up to $1,500 are available for individual clubs and community sporting and active recreation organisations that have not previously received funding from the Survival Package.
Previous grant recipients (from any of the first three funding rounds) will be considered for an automatic top-up payment. These organisations will commence receiving payments from late October 2021, provided they still meet the Survival Package’s eligibility criteria. The ‘top-up’ organisations will not need to submit a new application to receive their automatic payment. Top-up amounts are $2,500 for associations and leagues and $1,500 for clubs.
For specific details on the survival package, including the objectives of the funding, the number of applications that can be submitted, the grant amounts available and eligibility of applications please refer to the program guidelines.