Only Local Government Authorities and the Alpine Resort Boards are eligible to apply directly to the Program.
Process for clubs/local organisations
Local clubs and organisations can only seek access to support from the fund by submitting an Expression of Interest Form for Community Organisations (Word) directly to their local council or Alpine Resort Board.
Local clubs and organisations are advised to contact their local council or Alpine Resort Board about timelines for expressions of interest.
Process for councils
The application process will require the submission of an online Application.
Please refer to the Community Cricket Program Guidelines for further information on the application process and requirements for each stream.
Successful applications announced
Successful applications of the 2022 Community Cricket Program – Community Cricket Facilities stream will be announced in June/July 2022.
The 2022 Community Cricket Program closes on 11 April 2022.
This is the final round of the Community Cricket Program
Factsheets and templates:
- In-Kind Labour and Voluntary Support fact sheet and template (Word)
- Competitive Neutrality fact sheet (Word)
- Project Management Framework fact sheet and template (Word)
- Schedule of Use fact sheet and template (Excel)
- Capital-Replacement-Plan fact sheet and template (Word)
- Detailed Area Schedule Example and Template (Excel)
- Fair Play Code form for tenants (Word)
- Environmentally Sustainable Design fact sheet (Word)
- Universal Design fact sheet (Word)
- Project Governance framework template (Word)
- SunSmart Online Shade Audit Tool
These publications are intended for use as a guide only and further specialist advice should be sought on the specifics of your project:
- Cricket Facilities Guidelines
- Cricket Victoria Strategic Plan: 2017-2022: The journey ahead for Victorian cricket’
- Cricket Victoria Melbourne Metropolitan Cricket Strategy: ‘Melbourne Metropolitan Cricket – A strategy to embrace a changing game’
- Cricket Victoria Infrastructure Strategy – ‘Victorian Cricket Infrastructure Strategy 2018-2028’
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Infrastructure Grants – Acknowledgement and Publicity Guidelines (pdf)
- Sport and Recreation Victoria Infrastructure Grants – Acknowledgement and Publicity Guidelines (Word)
- Artificial Grass For Sport Guide (pdf)
- Artificial Grass For Sport Guide (Word)
- Community sporting facility lighting guide (pdf)
- Community sporting facility lighting guide (Word)
- Community consultation requirements projects with amenity impacts - guidance note
- Healthy Choices: policy guidelines for sport and recreation centres
- Female participation in sport and physical activity a snapshot of the evidence
- Physical activity across life stages
- Welcoming Sport
- Women in sport and recreation in Australia
- Barriers to sports participation for women and girls
- Retaining the Membership of Women in Sport
Program area and assistance
Read more about Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV)
For assistance with a project idea and/or an application please contact your Sport and Recreation Victoria representative.
For general Sport and Recreation Victoria grant enquiries:
Phone: 1800 325 206 for the cost of a local call (except from mobile phones); or
Open Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm except public holidays
Community Cricket Program - Community Facilities Stream grant recipients
- 2022 Community Cricket Program (Community Facilities Stream) grant recipients
- 2021-22 Community Cricket Program (Community Facilities Stream) grant recipients
- 2020-21 Community Cricket Program (Community Facilities Stream) grant recipients
- 2019-20 Community Cricket Program (Community Facilities Stream) grant recipients
- Community Cricket Facilities (open)
- Metropolitan Cricket and Community Centres (closed)
It is underpinned by the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions’ priorities to ensure the state’s economy benefits all Victorians by creating more jobs for more people, building thriving places and regions and nurturing inclusive communities.
For specific details on the program, including the objectives of the fund, the number of applications that can be submitted, the grant amounts available and eligibility of applications please refer to the guidelines.
For specific details on the number of applications that can be submitted under each category please refer to the guidelines.
- 2022 Community Cricket Program Guidelines (PDF, 15.8 MB)
- 2022 Community Cricket Program Guidelines (Word, 228 KB)
For specific details related to 2019-20 Metropolitan Cricket and Community Centres stream please refer to the previous guidelines: