- Community level organisations delivering sport and active recreation programs anywhere in Victoria may apply
- State sporting associations, regional sport assemblies, state sport and recreation bodies and local government authorities are ineligible to apply unless in partnership with a community level organisation, who must lead and submit the application
- School sport and recreation clubs, and university sport clubs that participate in inter-varsity competitions are ineligible to apply
- Organisations who have received a 2018/19 Change Our Game Community Activation Grant are ineligible to apply again this round.
- Funding range of grant
Grants of up to $5000 are available.
- What will be funded
The Change Our Game Community Activation Grants will fund one-off community level initiatives that aim to showcase and celebrate the role of women and girls in sport and recreation. These initiatives may include, but are not limited to:
- Change Our Game women’s round for your club
- Educational session addressing issues facing women and girls in sport and recreation
- Networking event for women and girls
- Event that showcases achievements of women and girls in sport and active recreation, or showcase best practice in promoting gender equality
- A ‘come and try’ day that addresses the barriers to women and girls participating in your sport
- Community forum focused on sharing experiences and developing collaborative strategies around gender equality and inclusion.
Activities do not have to be female-only events, but can also include events that are open to the whole community (men and boys as well as women and girls).
- Activities that will not be funded
Funding is not available:
- Community sporting events or competitions without a focus on furthering gender equity
- Uniforms or equipment (including IT and software)
- Ongoing or recurrent costs of an organisation (for example, salaries for ongoing positions, rent, electricity and other utilities)
- Fixed playing surfaces and structures (for example, synthetic pitch, goal posts)
- Capital expenditure including the purchase of land (for example, permanent shade structures, permanent fencing, fixed lighting, permanent practice wickets, ramps and other permanent structures)
- Repair of equipment, structures and playing surfaces (for example, golf course, turf wicket pitch)
- Non-playing/participation equipment (for example, public address systems, banners, trophies, videos, sunshades, gazebos, carpet/lino, clubroom items, wicket covers, scoreboards, GPS, computers and IT equipment)
- Canteen items (for example, microwave ovens, soft drink, food, alcohol, cooking utensils)
- Open dates
Applications will be open from 25 March 2019 to 5pm 28 April 2019.
Status: Closed Closing: 28/04/2019
The Change Our Game Community Activation Grants will fund one-off community level events that showcase and celebrate the role of women and girls in sport and active recreation.