The Victorian Government has announced updated restrictions for Melbourne and regional Victoria.
From 11:59 pm on 18 October 2020, metropolitan Melbourne’s Second Step towards COVID Normal now includes:
Regarding exercise and recreation:
- You can exercise in a group of up to ten people from a maximum of two households outdoors in a public place (personal training is limited to two people plus the trainer). This replaces the limit of five people from a maximum of two households.
- Community sport training and competition cannot occur.
- Some outdoor activities can take place in outdoor sport and recreation facilities. Outdoor sport and recreation facilities can open if:
- They are predominantly used for outdoor sport or physical recreation
- There is no equipment for hire or sharing
- Indoor facilities such as change rooms are not permitted for use, however toilet facilities are permitted to open.
- A limit of 10 people from 2 household per group or more than 10 if the entire group is from the same household and you must be able to keep 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Restrictions to no more than 10 people in the facility at once except where a distance of at least 100m between groups can be maintained (e.g. golf courses).
- Examples include some outdoor tennis courts, golf courses, or bowling greens.
- Indoor swimming pools: open for one-on-one hydrotherapy sessions with a health professional where clinically indicated. No group sessions. Exceptions for private pools and professional sport
- Outdoor swimming pools: open for exercise, limited to the number of people permitted by the density quotient to a maximum of 30 people other than for the following exceptions: Exclusive use by a single school at any one time for education purposes
- Outdoor personal training is limited to 2 people, plus the personal trainer, but excluding children under 12 months. Equipment sharing is not permitted, and the trainer must wear a mask.
- Publicly accessible outdoor playgrounds, outdoor communal gym equipment and outdoor skateparks can open, but playcentres, and trampolining centres are closed.
- Indoor sports centres, including gyms and training facilities are closed.
If you are doing exercise or a physical activity where you are not out of breath or puffing, then you must wear a face covering. You must wear a face covering while walking, unless you have a lawful reason not to.
It is important that you keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others while exercising, even when wearing a face covering
For more information on face coverings visit the Face coverings: Whole of Victoria page.
Updated Industry Restart Guidelines for indoor and outdoor physical recreation and community sport will be available shortly. For more information visit the Business Victoria website.
For more information on metropolitan Melbourne restrictions
For all the latest roadmap information including an outline of the Step process visit vic.gov.au/roadmap.