17 projects will share in over $1.6 million from the latest round of the $9 million Country Football and Netball Program.
The boost will support Mitchell Shire Council to transform the current netball lighting at Greenhill Reserve for the growing numbers of women and girls signing up to play for the Wallan Magpies Football and Netball Club, thanks to a $83,525 investment.
Buloke Shire Council will receive $100,000 to upgrade the oval surface and install drainage at Birchip Oval, benefiting Birchip-Watchem Football Club.
Other projects to benefit from the funding boost include:
- $100,000 to Bass Coast Shire Council to upgrade lighting to 100 lux at Bass Recreation Reserve, benefiting Kilcunda Bass Football Netball Club.
- $100,000 boost will support Casey City Council to construct two netball courts at Kilora Active Open Space Reserve to support the Berwick Springs Football Netball Club.
- $100,000 to Cardinia Shire Council to install 100 lux lighting at Worrell Reserve, benefiting Emerald Junior Football Club
- $100,000 to East Gippsland Shire Council to construct one competition standard netball court at Lucknow Recreation Reserve, benefiting Lucknow Football Netball Club.
- $100,000 to Greater Bendigo City Council to install 50 lux lighting at Weeroona Recreation Reserve benefiting Bendigo Thunder Women’s Football Club and Dockers Football Club.
- $100,000 to Hepburn Shire Council to construct female friendly change facilities for players, umpires and officials at Hepburn Recreation Reserve, benefiting Hepburn Football Netball Club.
- $100,000 to Indigo Shire Council to install 100 lux lighting at Barkly Park, benefiting Rutherglen Football and Netball Club.
- $84,333 to Loddon Shire Council to upgrade football oval and netball court lighting, benefiting Inglewood Football Netball Club.
- $100,000 to Moorabool Shire Council to install an automatic irrigation system at Wallace Recreation Reserve, benefiting Springbank Football Netball Club.
- $100,000 to Mornington Peninsula Shire Council to reconstruct the oval at Crib Point Recreation Reserve, benefiting Crib Point Football Netball Club and Crib Point Junior Football Club.
- $100,000 to Strathbogie Shire Council to upgrade two netball courts at Nagambie Recreation Reserve, benefiting Nagambie Football Netball Club, Nagambie Avenel Junior Netball Association and Tabilk Junior Football Netball Club.
- $100,00 to Towong Shire Council to construct one netball court and one multi-purpose court in Tallangatta, benefiting Bullioh Football Netball Club.
- $100,000 to Warrnambool City Council to install drainage and irrigation at Davidson Oval, benefiting Old Collegians Football Netball Club and the Hawks Junior Football Netball Club.
- $100,000 to Whittlesea City Council to deliver new drainage and improved irrigation at Laurimar Reserve, benefiting Laurimar Football Club.
- $100,000 to Yarriambiack Shire Council to install 100 lux lighting at Rupanyup Recreation Reserve, benefiting Rupanyup Football Netball Club.
The Country Football and Netball Program replaces and upgrades ageing facilities for football and netball clubs across rural, regional and outer metropolitan Victoria, so they can meet growing demand and welcome even more members.
Grants of up to $100,000 go to projects such as ground resurfacing, the installation of lighting, building modern and safer netball courts and new pavilions with accessible and female-friendly change rooms.
In 2010, there were just 58 female footy teams across the state. Now there are more than 28,500 women and girls playing in over 1,000 teams each week, with community leagues booming, mirroring the success of the AFLW.
The program is a funding partnership with AFL, AFL Victoria and Netball Victoria to help netball and football clubs across the state, because everybody deserves equal facilities, no matter where they live.
Since 2005, the program has delivered more than $29 million into over 500 projects.
Better sport and recreation facilities make it easier for players, coaches, umpires and supporters of all abilities to get involved in local sport and lead healthy and active lifestyles.