To be eligible for the Program, applicants must fulfil the eligibility criteria below:
- identify as a woman
- be aged 18 years or over
- live in Victoria
Applicants must also fulfil one of the following eligibility criteria:
- To be eligible for Stream 1, you must be a current board member of a Relevant Entity.
- To be eligible for Stream 2 you must be:
- identified by a Relevant Entity as a future board candidate, OR
- have demonstrable interest to take on a board position with a Relevant Entity.
A Relevant Entity for the purpose of this Program is an organisation or association recognised by Sport and Recreation Victoria, including:
- State Sporting Associations
- State Sport and Active Recreation Bodies
- Regional Sports Assemblies
- Regional Academies of Sport
A list of recognised organisations or associations can be found on the Sport and Recreation Victoria website.
In addition, a Relevant Entity for the purpose of this Program includes:
- any professional-level sporting clubs associated with a sport that is administered by an organisation or association recognised by Sport and Recreation Victoria
- National Sporting Organisations, as recognised by Sport Australia
A list of National Sporting Organisations can be found on the Sport Australia website.
Funding range of grant
This is a non-grant program. Successful applicants will receive a spot in the renowned Foundations of Directorship™ course, delivered by the Australian Institute of Company Directors in partnership with the Office for Women in Sport and Recreation.
Applications will open on Monday 11 October and will close at 5pm AEDT, Monday 8 November.
The Program is suitable for women who have either recently joined a board or are looking to take on a board position within the sport and active recreation sector at regional, state or national level.
The Office for Women in Sport and Recreation (OWSR) has partnered with the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) to deliver the Program. The renowned Foundations of Directorship™ (Sport) course is a three-day program providing a comprehensive overview of the main components of directorship, including governance, strategy, risk and finance. The course will also include case studies specific to the sport and active recreation sector.