New framework to help shape the future of sport and recreation
The Victorian Government is developing a strategic framework for sport and recreation in Victoria, with the aim of strengthening the system and how the broader economic, health and community benefits arising from the sector can be maximised.
This framework will set out the outcomes the Victorian Government wants to achieve through sport and recreation.
Have your say
The Victorian Government has developed a discussion paper and background information to create the basis for broader consultation with the sport and recreation system in Victoria:
- Valuing sport and recreation - discussion paper (pdf, 487.56 KB)
- Valuing sport and recreation - discussion paper (docx, 1.25 MB)
- Valuing sport and recreation - background information (pdf, 1.92 MB)
- Valuing sport and recreation - background information (docx, 6 MB)
- Sport and recreation - discussion paper - Easy English Accessible PDF (pdf, 1.55 MB)
The discussion paper and background information provide context about:
- the sport and active recreation system in Victoria
- the benefits of sport and active recreation
- the key issues facing sport and active recreation.
Key considerations include:
- How can the sport and active recreation system meet future increased demand?
- What are the key levers and methods needed to drive broader and more inclusive participation in sport and active recreation?
- How can the sport and active recreation system support the increasing demand for participation in individual and unorganised recreation activities?
- What are the biggest challenges and opportunities to the sustainability of the sector? What are the links and co-dependencies?
- How can the community benefits of investment in high performance sport be maximised?
Responses to this discussion paper are sought by Monday, 20 February 2017. Please send your response to email@example.com or Strategic Framework, Sport and Recreation Victoria, Department of Health and Human Services GPO Box 4057, Melbourne Vic 3001