Club culture and resources
Clubs provide enormous community and social benefits. They also have a responsibility to offer a fair, safe and equitable sporting environment.
When running a club, it is important to consider and enforce codes of conduct, risk management strategies and member protection guidelines to ensure everyone has a fun, safe and inclusive experience.
Play by the rules - creating a discrimination-free environment
The Play by the Rules website provides information and resources for community sport and recreation on how to:
- Manage and prevent discrimination, harassment and child abuse.
- Develop environments that are inclusive and welcoming for participants.
Integrity Guidelines for Directors of Sporting Organisations
The Integrity Guidelines for Directors of Sporting Organisations assists leaders with the management and oversight of integrity issues confronting sport.
The single biggest initiative that sports can adopt to reduce their insurance premiums is to have an effective risk management program, including policies to mitigate risk, throughout all levels of their sport.
In response to insurance-related issues impacting on the sport and recreation industry, the Victorian Government funded a four year sports risk management initiative. The projects supported under this initiative were:
- Vicsport Risk Management Training
- Vicsport Risk Indentifier Tool
- University of Ballarat - Risk Management Evaluation Project (pdf, 289.69 KB)
- a web based sports risk management resource centre
- the Vicsport Risk Management Standards Project (standards were developed for eight sports: hockey, volleyball, squash, basketball, badminton, football [soccer], netball and lacrosse).
Compliance with regulations
The Not for Profit Compliance Support Centre website is a single entry point for sporting organisations and other not-for-profit organisations to access regulatory information, licences, forms and related compliance resources.